Hi Friends! Warm weather is on the way. So you know what that means, right? Aside from wallowing in the grass like a happy puppy and refilling our vitamin D tanks…it means grilling season is upon us! Spring and Summer are my Grill & Chill seasons.
There is truly no better way to enjoy a weekend afternoon (or all day). Good food/drinks, a great location, and the right “outdoor decor” are all you need.
I emphasize decor because a little goes a long way. Putting a little effort into your outdoor gathering will make the photos and experience even better.
Grilling is one of my favorite things to do in the Summer. Gatherings can be hectic if you don’t plan. So to make sure everything stays chill, I involve my friends. I love the group texts, where we share thoughts on the menu. This a BIG help with avoiding items that people are allergic to. There is always an alternative for every allergy, so it is good know up front. Below is my menu…
Grilled cod fish tacos with avocado lime crema
Chips & Guacamole
Lime + Cilantro
Sparkling beverages: water, lemonade…
When you get the menu nailed down – if you don’t already have a location in mind – it can be fun to scout one out. If you want to keep it super simple, your own backyard or park nearby is great. It you want to turn it up a notch, try a park you’ve never been to or take a roadtrip to a location outside of your normal zone. Even if it’s 30 minutes, that is far enough to allow everyone to feel transported. Being fully “away” for a day or afternoon is refreshing.
Now, you have your menu and location. You are almost done!
The finishing touches are all about decor. This should be fun. You can upgrade your outdoor gathering with a few simple items. For a full list of the items I used, head over to the C&B blog. Recipe for Grilled cod fish tacos with avocado lime crema below!
Make sure to share your moments on social media by tagging @crateandbarrel and @christiannkoepke! I’d love to see how you Grill & Chill with your friends. If you have any questions, share them below or on social. I look forward to hearing from you!
[Post is sponsored and all opinions are my own. Modeling by Sarah Knott]
Grilled Cod Fish Tacos with Avocado Lime Crema
- 1 pound firm white cod fish
- Fish seasoning any variety
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil
- 6 small 4 to 6-inch corn tortillas
- Red cabbage finely grated
- Red pickled onion
- Avocado sliced
- Cilantro chopped
- Lime sliced in wedges
Avocado Lime Crema
- Makes about ½ cup of crema
- 1 ripe avocado pitted, skinned and quartered
- 4 oz. + 1 T. ½ cup + 1 T. greek yogurt
- 15 g ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 62 g / 1 medium lime squeezed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves roasted if possible
- ¼ tsp sea salt to taste
- Prepare cod for grilling by drizzling each side with olive oil and sprinkling sea salt and seasoning of choice.
- Heat grill to medium heat. Season grates. Cook the fish for about 4 minutes undisturbed, then turn over, and cook for another 2 minutes. Note: fish cook time will vary based on the size / thickness of your fillets. Set aside and keep warm in foil or covered dish.
- Optional: Place tortillas on grill and warm for a few seconds till plyable.
- Assemble tacos however you like with listed ingredients. Enjoy!
- Add all ingredients to a blender. Puree till smooth
- Store in airtight container for up to 7 days.