Grilled Cod Fish Tacos with Avocado Lime Crema
These are the perfect summer tacos! Super easy to prepare and pack. You can make them grilled outdoors, or in the oven or stovetop. If you're not fond of cod, halibut or tilapia are excellent alternatives
Servings: 2 servings / 6 small tacos
- 1 pound firm white cod fish
- Fish seasoning any variety
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil
- 6 small 4 to 6-inch corn tortillas
- Red cabbage finely grated
- Red pickled onion
- Avocado sliced
- Cilantro chopped
- Lime sliced in wedges
Avocado Lime Crema
- Makes about ½ cup of crema
- 1 ripe avocado pitted, skinned and quartered
- 4 oz. + 1 T. ½ cup + 1 T. greek yogurt
- 15 g ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 62 g / 1 medium lime squeezed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves roasted if possible
- ¼ tsp sea salt to taste
Prepare cod for grilling by drizzling each side with olive oil and sprinkling sea salt and seasoning of choice.
Heat grill to medium heat. Season grates. Cook the fish for about 4 minutes undisturbed, then turn over, and cook for another 2 minutes. Note: fish cook time will vary based on the size / thickness of your fillets. Set aside and keep warm in foil or covered dish.
Optional: Place tortillas on grill and warm for a few seconds till plyable.
Assemble tacos however you like with listed ingredients. Enjoy!