One of the easiest summer lunches or meals on the go are sandwiches. This Summer I’ve been looking for ways to eat healthier and remove the bread element from standard recipes. This recipe is such a winner.
Prepare yourself for a way satisfying meal that’s both incredibly easy, quick, no hassle and refreshing.
It’s crunchy, fresh, and has a stunning presentation. Not a shrimp fan? Substitute for any meat you like. Or – add another veggie or two of your choice and suddenly you have a delicious vegan option. If you want a protein packed version, add avocado and lentils.
Yes, yes, yes. Let me know how you like it! Share you favorite, most – loved version with me on social by tagging @christiannkoepke.
Happy weekend, friends!
Grilled Shrimp Lettuce Wraps (gluten free, dairy free)
- 2 cups green cabbage shredded and/or grated
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt + more for seasoning
- 1 lime juiced (+extra for garnish/finishing)
- 1 cucumber sliced thinly
- Purple cabbage or similar sturdy green for wrapping
- 12 medium shrimp peeled, deveined and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon seafood spice blend i love this!
- Micro greens
- Add prepared green cabbage to medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, add juice of one lime and salt. Stir.
- Toss lime mixture with cabbage until well incorporated. Set aside for 10-15 minutes
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- In a small bowl, add olive oil, ⅛ teaspoon salt and seafood spice blend. Stir.
- Add prepared shrimp to a medium bowl. Toss shrimp with oil mixture, stirring as you go to lightly coat.
- Sprinkle in ⅛ teaspoon salt and seafood spice blend.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or just until opaque and light grill marks appear. Transfer to a side plate.
- Ready cabbage by pulling off layers one at a time. Rinse.
- Prepare to assemble tacos. Layer in the following order or as you please: purple cabbage shell, cabbage slaw, cucumber, cilantro, 2-3 shrimp, microgreens.