Every season carries vibrancy. You just have to look for it. This winter I’m loving this show stopping toast. The combination of textures is definitely one to experience. With the crunchy toast base, creamy ricotta and burst of bright citrus…here I am, dreaming about it all over again : ) .
Enjoy it for breakfast or lunch with your favorite mimosa. Enjoy it solo, or share a meal with friends, in which case, just increase the recipe by 2 or 4. If you’re keen on a dairy free version, pick up this plain cream cheese and swap it out for the ricotta. What can I say. Perfect.
Vegan? Omit the egg, it’ll still be totally delish. Promise.
Thank you to those of you who joined in on the creative development of this recipe! Stay tuned for more opportunities to be apart of the conversation. Excited for the next : ).
Winter Citrus Toast with Egg, Ricotta & Shaved Fennel
- 1 thick slice of dark - rye type bread
- 1, 6 minute soft boiled egg check out this recipe
- Cara cara orange sliced or cut in wedges
- Ricotta cheese
- Pickled onions
- Fennel shaved
- Flake sea salt
- Olive oil
- Fresh dill
- Black sesame seeds optional
- Toast bread. Brush with olive oil. Set aside.
- Ready all additional toppings. Feel free to be creative with how much, and what type of each!
- Assemble toasts: Spread toast generously with ricotta cheese. Add all additional ingredients as you please in small sections for a stunning presentation.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle salt and garnish with dill and seeds. Enjoy!