Where’s all my Matcha tea lovers?! This one’s for you.
Ahhh Summer. We’re at one of the most beautiful times of year, wouldn’t you agree? I’m treasuring each morning I wake up to the warm, sweet breeze flowing through my window. As the evening comes close, the air starts to cool once again and it makes my heart leap. All I want to do is call up a friend, sit out on my porch, watch the sunset and enjoy something sweet, cool and refreshing.
This recipe for White Peach Coconut Matcha Ice Cream is just the perfect cool treat to pull out of the freezer after a long day. It’s super creamy and smooth. This recipe showcases matcha paired with an unexpected undertone of bright peach. It’s super easy to make and even dairy free. Check out the recipe below!
I’d love to hear how you savor Summer. Share your moment on social by tagging me and using the hashtag #ckweekends!
Also – I have an exciting announcement!
So excited to be co hosting a Branding, Design & Photography Retreat here in Portland -October 13-14 – with the incredibly talented Francesca!
Join us for 2 days, 6 in depth classes, in an intimate setting and learn time-tested strategies and practices you can put into action in your own business now, complete with hands-on training.
My co host Francesca is an Italian Art Director and Designer, with 10+ years in the industry. She specializes in retail and brand design and had an office in Paris for many years, working for luxury brands like Cartier, Louis Vuitton, Moet Chandon, Hermes and many more. She gaduated from the Polytechnics of Milan and Turin in industrial, furniture and eco-sustainable product design and today she collaborates with known International companies as a Graphic, Product and Interior designer.
White Peach Coconut Matcha Ice Cream
Yield 3-4 cups
If you love Matcha, you just might be over the moon with this recipe. It’s super creamy and smooth, showcasing traditional matcha paired with an unexpected undertone of bright peach. It’s super easy to make and even dairy free!
- 1 can (13.66 oz) full fat coconut milk (I highly recommend Thai Kitchen)
- 1 can (13.66 oz) full fat coconut cream [all white thick cream only]
- 43g (⅓ cup) organic white cane sugar
- 15g (2 ½ tablespoons) White Peach Matcha Tea (whole leaf) - OR - 14g (2 tablespoons) ground matcha tea (I like Harney & Sons
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon vodka (optional - to help texture once it’s frozen)
- pinch sea salt
- Open one can of coconut milk. In a saucepan over medium heat, warm slowly, stirring. Just before the boiling point, at a near simmer, remove from heat.
- Add matcha. Whisk. Set aside and allow to infuse for 5-7 minutes.
- Strain infused milk through nut milk bag if using whole leaf matcha (if using powder, no need to strain).
- Pour infused milk back into original pan and place back over medium heat. Warm slightly, stirring.
- Open can of coconut cream. Add to infused milk, stir and continue to warm.
- Once mixture has warmed through again, remove from heat. Add sugar and vodka (optional). Whisk until dissolved. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- [optional step] Puree cooled mixture in blender for a few seconds until creamy and extra smooth.
- Follow manufacturers instructions for making ice cream. When frozen, transfer to an airtight container; cover. Freeze until firm, at least 4 hours and up to 2 weeks. May need to soften at room temperature prior to serving depending on your ice cream maker.