Finding and creating unexpected beauty with food or decor is one of my greatest passions…
I recently partnered with Imperfect Produce on a 2 part series focusing on creative ways to reuse your produce. You can see the first post here where I share tips on how to use produce to style a beautiful table!
Without a focus on “reuse” to prevent waste, my work would not be the same. To show you how easy it can be to reuse produce, below I’m sharing the most delicious mimosa recipe. If you are wondering what to pair with your mimosa, I’ve got you covered. Keep reading…
Perfectly Imperfect Grapefruit Mimosas
What you need:
-1 large organic imperfect pink grapefruit
-Champagne of choice
-High speed blender
1. Peel grapefruit, removing rind entirely and most of the white.
2. Place in high speed blender and puree until creamy and smooth.
3. In champagne glass, pour ⅓ full with grapefruit juice.
4. Top off with champagne.
This is the perfect way to take organic grapefruits to the next level. With a quick spin in the blender, they are transformed into a smooth juice puree. Add champagne, and you are ready to enjoy a refreshing drink.
As a bonus, I am sharing a recipes that will be perfect to pair with your mimosa!
What is better than a delicious morning meal? My love of weekend brunch is well known and needless to say, mimosas and brunch go hand in hand. So here is a dish I recommend pairing with your grapefruit mimosas.
The drinks were simple, so the meal should be too. I developed a recipe for breakfast toast with cashew hollandaise, fried egg & fresh herbs. This toast is layered, flavorful, and just divine. Recipe just below!
Breakfast Toast with Raw Cashew Hollandaise, Fried Egg & Fresh Herbs
Yield 4 servings
This Breakfast Toast with Cashew Hollandaise, Fried Egg & Fresh Herbs is layered, flavorful, and just divine. And - I’m not sure you’ve ever tasted such a delicious, vegan spread before … ever. You’ll definitely want to have leftovers.
Raw Cashew Hollandaise Spread
Makes about 12 oz. (1 ½ cups)
- 88g (½ cup) cashews, soaked for 4 hours
- 4 oz. (½ cup) almond milk
- 4 oz. (½ cup) olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 4 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 slices of bread, toasted
- 12 oz. (1 ½ cups) Raw Cashew Hollandaise Spread
- 4 farm fresh Fried Eggs
- Fresh dill, small bunch
- Watercress (or spinach), small bunch
- 1 whole lemon juiced and zested
- Flaky salt and pepper to finish
- Drain cashews.
- In high speed blender, add all ingredients.
- Puree until smooth and creamy.
- Enjoy fresh as a hollandaise or chill in fridge for several hours for a more firm spreadable texture.
- Note: keeps for up to 10 days in fridge when stored in airtight container.
- Begin with toasting 4 pieces of bread.
- Rinse and lightly chop dill and watercress. Set aside.
- Fry eggs in cast iron skillet over medium low heat.
- Spread desired amount of hollandaise on toast.
- Layer on fried egg.
- Garnish with watercress and dill.
- Sprinkle with finely grated lemon zest and juice.
- Finish with olive oil, sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.