Just 8 days until Christmas!
Have you had a chance to make classic cut out cookies? If not, I have a new recipe for you: Christmas Tree Cutout Cookies. Don’t worry, just takes just a few minutes to whip up the dough. While it cools in the fridge, why not pour some tea, take a breath and get a couple gifts wrapped?
You can use any cookie cutter shape of course. I wanted a unique look, so found this Whimsical Christmas Tree Copper Cookie Cutter on Amazon. Love the vintage twist. These can also be made gluten-free. Just use this King Arthur 1-1 Gluten Free Flour (the only GF flour I stand by!).
Just in case you haven’t had a chance to see recent holiday posts & gift ideas, see below!
Easy, fun appetizer (or lunch!): Havarti & Hot Pepper Cranberry Toasties
Decorated your tree yet? Enjoy this inspirational post regardless.
Gift this: Chocolate Maple Granola (Vegan, nut free, gluten free)
More cookie decoration inspiration: Cutout cookies
Take this cake to your next party
Have this simmering over the holiday – you seriously can’t go wrong.
Want to feel like a kid again? This is your ticket.
Still sorting out your holiday table design? See this how-to with product links for quick ordering.
Happy last week before Christmas, friends!
Christmas Tree Cutout Cookies
This is your classic cut out sugar cookie with a hint of vanilla and cardamom. These can also be made gluten free. Just use this King Arthur 1-1 Gluten Free Flour and you’ll be set for success.
- 226g (1 cup) butter
- 303g (1 ½ cups) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 435g (3 cups) flour
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Whisk.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the flour and mix just until well combined, scraping the sides as you go.
- Cover and chill dough for at least 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to ½” thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1” apart on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8-12 minutes (depending on thickness of cookie) or until the cookies are barely hinting at a golden color. They should be neutral in tone when baked. Cool completely.
- Frost and decorate as you please! Store in airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze.