Looking for an easy yet impressive appetizer for the holidays ?!
These Havarti & Hot Pepper Cranberry Toasties will be loved by all. This recipe is written with Stonewall Kitchen’s Hot Pepper Cranberry Jelly. It’s to die for. This delicious jelly adds a kick of heat and when paired with a creamy, white cheese like Havarti + apples, the result is a sweet and savory slice of heaven. Recipe below!
- 1 dark or sourdough baguette loaf, sliced into ½” slices
- 1 jar (361g) Stonewall Kitchen Hot Pepper Cranberry Jelly
- 2 crisp apples, like gala or fuji, mandolin sliced to ¼” thick
- 8 slices havarti cheese (or similar, creamy white variety)
- Coconut Mayonnaise (or butter)
- Heat 1 cast iron skillet or pan over low heat.
- Spread 1 side of 4 slices of bread with mayonnaise. Set mayo side down on a cutting board.
- Spread the non-mayo side of the bread with the Hot Pepper Cranberry Jelly.
- Layer one slice of cheese on top of the Jelly.
- Layer sliced apples on top of the cheese.
- Top with another piece of cheese and finish with another slice of bread.
- Grill sandwiches, pressing gently, until bottom sides are golden brown (you should barely hear any sound of sizzling as the bread hits the skillet; low and slow is key), about 7 to 9 minutes.
- Spread remaining mayonnaise over top slices of bread and carefully turn sandwiches over.
- Cook until other side is golden brown and cheese is melted, another 7 to 9 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and slice in triangles. Enjoy as appetizer or as a main course.