Happy 1st day of Autumn. I can hardly believe it – totally excited! I might even plan something special for the big day. It kicks off my favorite time of the entire year. Anyone else?!
Couldn’t help but share a “perfectly fall” recipe – these Sweet potato spiced muffins are my current obsession.
First off, they’re gluten free but you’d never know it.
Secondly, the muffin batter is made with coconut sugar instead of white or brown which means you’ll feel great.
Lastly, they have the unexpected addition of protein powder! Perfect for post work out, or when you’re rushing out the door with the kiddos late to school – either way you’ll be set. They’re more filling than your average, overly sweet baked good.
Basically, a win, win, win. Oh! And if that wasn’t enough… they freeze wonderfully. I put this whole batch in the freezer and then daily have been pulling out whatever I want. They defrost in the microwave perfectly on low heat. My little microwave takes 40 seconds at 60% power. There you have it – a recipe for success!
I hope you enjoy making these over the weekend, and make sure to plan something awesome if you are also a fellow Autumn lover! Share your cooking with #ckweekends!
Sweet Potato Spiced Muffins (Gluten Free)
- 35 g ⅓ cup protein powder (optional - sub for flour if preferred)
- 220 g 1 ⅔ cups Gluten free 1 to 1 flour
- 200 g 1 ¼ cups coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 222 g 1 cup sweet potato puree
- 171 g ¾ cup ghee (or butter), room temp
- 75 g ¼ cup coconut yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 143 g 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 34 g 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons buckwheat flour
- 70 g 1/3 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the muffin tins with coconut spray.
- Mix the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet to the dry, being careful not to over mix.
- For topping, combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Stir. Using a fork, cut in butter.
- Add the batter to the tins and cover each muffin with the topping.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.