Sweet Potato Spiced Muffins (Gluten Free)
How about some Spiced Sweet Potato Chai muffins? Y’all are not ready. With the addition of protein powder, you can feel full and totally satisfied. And P.S. - this recipe might be one of my best EVER.
Servings: 12 muffins
- 35 g ⅓ cup protein powder (optional - sub for flour if preferred)
- 220 g 1 ⅔ cups Gluten free 1 to 1 flour
- 200 g 1 ¼ cups coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 222 g 1 cup sweet potato puree
- 171 g ¾ cup ghee (or butter), room temp
- 75 g ¼ cup coconut yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 143 g 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 34 g 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons buckwheat flour
- 70 g 1/3 cup butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the muffin tins with coconut spray.
Mix the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients.
Add the wet to the dry, being careful not to over mix.
For topping, combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Stir. Using a fork, cut in butter.
Add the batter to the tins and cover each muffin with the topping.
Bake for 12-15 minutes.