Just home from my overseas trip to Norway, and all I want to do is eat endless amounts of veggies and fruits; keen to do a little post–travel detox! This healthy pear salad is the perfect one to splurge on, full of winter-worthy vegetables and fruits like pomegranates, grapes, and blueberries. I’ve found it quite filling actually, especially when you add in avocado and enjoy it with some crisp crackers, or a seeded slice of bread with fresh butter. It makes the perfect workday lunch, or evening side for a main dish.
But have I mentioned yet how great it feels to be home? These last few days before my return I was so eager to be back; in my own bed and my own kitchen…perhaps it’s because I recently moved into my new place, and only started feeling slightly settled before I left town for 3 weeks.
Traveling is so beautiful, as you consistently find yourself so many different environments – all changing, all new, which I LOVE! But at the same time, after a few weeks away from home, I find that I really miss my own space. Of course this is most realized when in flight, squished in between strangers (enjoying the wonderful plane food of course 😉 ).
My return flight from Oslo ended up being over 13 hours straight, due to 2 ½ hours in the plane on the ground before we even took off. Talk about learning patience, haha! It was all worth it though (in the end of course).
So…as I said, so good to be home. Looking forward to a slower next couple of months, time to settle in and focus on the redesign of my new place. Stay tuned for more interior work, I have some exciting things in the work and can’t wait to share!!
Healthy Pear Salad with Pomegranates and Blue Cheese
- 3 bunches handfuls of mixed greens
- 3 stems approx. 15 leaves fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/4 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 red pear thinly sliced
- 1/3 c. grapes sliced in half
- 1/4 c. pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 c. blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon infused olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fig salad dressing I recommend something like this)
- pinch sea salt
- blue cheese crumbled
- avocado optional
- Prepare mixed greens and mint by rinsing and patting dry. In a large bowl, toss greens, mint, onions, almonds, pears, grapes, blueberries and seeds. In a small bowl, combine oils, dressing and salt. Toss the dressing mixture into the salad bowl and top with blue cheese (and avocado if you wish). Serve immediately.