Who hasn’t faced this dilemma: you’re craving a dense, sweet dessert but it’s just too hot to turn on your oven. Sure, you could buy something from the store, but it’s never as good as homemade.
We’ve got good news for you: these fudgy applesauce blondies are a no-bake way to sink your teeth into a dense, rich dessert, no oven necessary.
Not only do these treats come together in one bowl with just six ingredients, but they’re also gluten-free, vegan and refined sugar-free. How about that for a dessert to feel good about?
We’re thrilled to partner with North Coast Organic, a leader in sustainable apple farming, to offer this blondie recipe just in time for summer!
How to Make No-Bake Applesauce Blondies
All you need to make these naturally sweetened blondies is a mixing bowl and a few simple ingredients. If you have an electric mixer, it will make your job a little easier, but you can get it done with a spoon and some elbow grease too.
Here’s the short ingredient list for no-bake applesauce blondies:
- Coconut flour. This gluten-free flour does not need to be cooked (unlike regular wheat flour), so it’s ideal for no-bake recipes.
- Coconut sugar. We love that this natural sugar is lower on the glycemic index than regular granulated sugar. It’s our go-to for sweetening baked goods.
- North Coast Organic Applesauce. This is a must-have ingredient in these blondies. This applesauce has the ideal texture and sweetness for flavoring your blondies. Plus, it’s totally organic and made with all US-grown apples. You can really taste the pure apple flavor in this sauce, which is made from one ingredient: organic apples. It doesn’t get much cleaner than that!
- Almond butter. Choose a smooth almond butter to get the best texture in your blondies. We like unsweetened and unflavored nut butter too, so you can let the juicy apple flavor really shine.
- Cinnamon. Because what spice goes better with applesauce than cinnamon?
- 1 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1 cup coconut sugar, plus more for dusting
- 3 cups North Coast Organic applesauce
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with parchment paper and lightly spray with non-stick pan spray.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the coconut flour and coconut sugar until combined. Add the applesauce, almond butter, cinnamon and salt. Mix with a hand mixer until you have a smooth and thick batter.
3. Transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish and spread evenly with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle the top generously with coconut sugar and cinnamon. Chill for 2 hours before cutting into squares.
Once you’ve made the blondies, they’ll need to chill for about two hours until they’re firm enough to slice and serve.
You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days. Or freeze them for up to three months. You can eat them straight from the freezer for an ice cream-like treat, or let them thaw at room temperature for a bit before serving.
More Dessert Recipes
We’re all about treats around here, and here are some of our other favorite recipes:
If you love these healthy No Bake Applesauce Blondies, be sure to follow along on Instagram, where I’m always sharing new seasonal recipes.