This Vegan Cherry Cheesecake is guaranteed to fill you with love. Whether you’re sharing it with your Valentine this February or treating yourself to a night in the sweet way, this cake does not disappoint. With a crunchy chocolate no-bake crust and a light, fluffy dairy-free filling studded with gorgeous red cherries, this cake is a guaranteed stunner.
How to Make Vegan Cherry Cheesecake
Your vegan cherry cheesecake will certainly turn heads. But the good news is that it’s surprisingly simple to make. If you have a good high-speed blender on hand, the filling comes together in minutes.
Here’s what you need to make a luscious cheesecake filling without any dairy or eggs:
- Cashews. Soaking cashews in warm water softens them up so they blend into a luxuriously fluffy texture.
- Almond milk. Make your own for a from-scratch bonus! You can also substitute another dairy-free milk here if you have it on hand.
- Agave. This liquid sweetener is vegan-friendly and has a mild flavor that won’t overwhelm the cherries.
- Lemon juice. A squeeze of fresh lemon is the secret to a tangy vegan cheesecake without cream cheese.
- Coconut oil. This adds richness to the filling and ensures your cake will hold up well.
- Vanilla. For a hint of warmth to complement the sweet cherries.
- Lecithin. This is a useful vegan baking ingredient that helps stabilize your cheesecake so it slices and holds its shape beautifully.
- Whole cherries. Choose the deepest crimson berries you can find for a truly stunning contrast with the creamy white cheesecake. Fresh or frozen both work well.
Cacao Crunch Crust:
- 1½ cups raw almonds
- ¾ cup coconut flakes
- 2½ tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 3 cups raw cashews, soaked at least 1 hour, drained and rinsed
- 2¼ cups almond milk
- ¾ cup agave nectar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons lecithin
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups whole cherries, pitted
- In a food processor, combine the almonds, coconut flakes, cocoa powder, cacao nibs, cinnamon, dates, and salt. Pulse until the nuts are finely chopped.
- In a small bowl, melt the coconut oil in the microwave. Add the vanilla and stir to combine. Slowly pour the coconut oil mixture into the food processor, pulsing as you go until the nuts are coated. The mixture should start to stick together. Once this consistency is reached (it will take just a few seconds), transfer to a 9-inch tart pan, pressing in and up the sides.
- Add all of the filling ingredients to a blender and purée on high, until velvety, about 1 minute.
- Pour the filling into the prepared tart crust. Then add the whole cherries, dropping them in a circular motion around the pie. Gently press any cherries that don't sink below the surface.
- Chill in the freezer until solid, 4 hours and up to overnight.
- Let the cheesecake stand at room temperature for 10–15 minutes before serving. Run a sharp knife under hot water for easy slicing. Enjoy!
No-Bake Cacao Crust
What’s hiding under that creamy cheesecake layer? A simple no-bake crust infused with chocolate. Again, all you need is a food processor to blend nuts, cacao powder, nibs, cinnamon, and dates into a sticky but crumbly texture. Then bind it all together with melted coconut oil. Finally, press the crust into a 9-inch tart pan. That’s it, no pre-baking necessary.
This easy nutty chocolate crust is a great go-to recipe to keep in your back pocket. It’s naturally gluten-free and vegan, so it’s a good allergy-friendly option to replace pastry crusts in other no-bake pies, bars, and tarts.
If you love cheesecake as much as I do, don’t miss this vegan vanilla-pomegranate beauty with a crunchy hazelnut-cardamom crust. And there are always more decadent treats where this came from! Follow along on Instagram to catch every sweet bite.