I’ve always grown up with mattresses that “just work”. I’ve never truly invested in a mattress, and when this year rolled around, I knew it’s something I wanted to look into. And well, my bedroom makeover certainly helped inspire the upgrade.
After doing some research to see what’s on the market, I learned that going green truly matters, even when it comes down to your mattress. I was thrilled to have found Avocado Green Mattress. It’s a company started by a husband and wife that were looking for a green and natural, yet affordable mattress for their son and coming up short; decided to start their own company.
Here’s just some of the amazing things about Avocado Mattress!
100% natural latex from tree-tapped and sustainable sources.
Natural JOMA New Zealand wool
Certified organic cotton
Free shipping and returns
100 night trial
Handmade in California
Pressure point support
No toxic flame retardants used
Now, the best way to enjoy your brand new mattress is with of course, breakfast in bed. To celebrate this momentous life occasion, I developed this recipe for Cinnamon Buns with Swedish Pearl Sugar ! Making and enjoying these is the perfect way to kickstart your weekend morning. Best served with coffee or tea and either solo, or with your love or kiddos, it’ll be a morning to never forget.
I hope you enjoy and let me know if you’re able to try out Avocado! I know you won’t be disappointed.
[ Post is sponsored and all opinions are my own ]
Cinnamon Buns with Swedish Pearl Sugar
- 125 g 3 cups flour
- 4 oz. ½ cup whole milk
- 4 oz. ½ cup chai tea, black
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 56 g ¼ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 t. yeast
- 148 g 1 cup almonds
- 119 g ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 140 g 1 stick / ½ cup + 2 tablespoons butter (maybe more)
- ¾ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup more for optional finishing
- 1 tablespoon water
- 49 g ¼ cup dried raisins
- 36 g ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 31 g ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- Egg for egg wash
- 1 tablespoon water for egg wash
- Swedish pearl sugar
- Prepare dough by first warming the milk and chai tea on the stove in a small saucepan on low heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat when warm (do not allow to boil!). Add all ingredients into a standard bread machine and place on “dough” setting. If you prefer to prepare dough the traditional route, go for it! Dough will take approximately 1.5 hours until it’s ready if using a bread machine.
- Prepare a baking sheet (13” x 9”) - greased or lined with parchment paper, and then make the filling (instructions follow).
- In food processor, add almonds, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and maple syrup - pulse until ground into a course flour, about 20 to 30 seconds.
- In food processor, add butter by cubes to nut mixture until it’s a nut butter consistency, and then add 1 tablespoon of water. Continue to blend for another 30 seconds - 1 minute or until creamy.
- When dough is ready, remove from pan and place on a lightly floured surface.
- Knead once or twice and roll out to ½ - ¾” thick circle. Using a knife, spread nut butter mixture evenly over the dough. There may be some leftover depending on how much or how thick it’s spread.
- Sprinkle dried fruits and the sliced almonds.
- Press fruit and nuts gently into nut mixture to secure filling.
- Fold three times like as in the shape of a brochure, folding left side in and right side on top of left. The dough will form a rectangle and should be approximately 1” thick and about 5” wide.
- Using a pizza cutter, or sharp knife, carefully slice the dough lengthwise into ½” strips. Handle gently because filling will be exposed on the sides.
- To shape the rolls, gently coil and layer into nest-like knots. Have fun with the shape, there is no wrong way.
- Warm oven to 175 degrees.
- Place rolls onto baking sheet. Sprinkle with swedish sugar.
- Cover with a lightweight towel and place in the warm oven for about 30-40 minutes, or until rolls have nearly doubled in size.
- Remove dough from the oven, leaving the towel on and heat oven up to 375 degrees. When oven has preheated, remove towel and place pan in oven. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until rolls are lightly browned.
- When rolls are lightly browned, remove from oven. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Serve warm and store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 days.