I’m not sure there is anything more wonderful in life than coffeecake.
Being totally honest here! For as long as I can remember, I grew up making all sorts of different breakfast cakes. Never once however have I made coffeecake with actual coffee in the batter. Until now… And just when I thought life couldn’t get any better or be more delicious : ) .
With Christmas coming up, I wanted to develop something warm and cozy for you. The result? This divine winter hazelnut coffeecake.
You know – just what you want to wake up to over the holiday break- on Christmas morning, New Years day…. Happy to say that this coffeecake fits all occasions (just in case you might be wondering : ) ), just so long as it’s paired with a warm cup of coffee, but of course.
This shoot was extra special beyond the recipe! Spent the whole day with Lindsea of House of Harvest. We’ve been Instagram friends for some time now, and finally decided it was time we met! So loved our time spent together in her beautiful home. Make sure to check out her work here (total swoon over her online shop!).
By the way, I’m currently running a giveaway for this gorgeous brass pour over coffee set pictured in this shoot on Instagram! Make sure to enter to win over the next few days. Also included, the most cozy Pendleton blanket you can imagine!
- 1 14 oz can of coconut milk
- 1 14 oz can full of water
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 heaping spoonful of honey
- Heat first 4 ingredients on medium low heat, stirring constantly to prevent scalding. Remove from heat. Stir in honey. Store in airtight container in fridge for up to about 5 days.
- How to use:
- Add to coffee as a creamer
- Add 4 chai tea bags and steep for a creamy chai tea latte
- Add 2 Tbsp. Cocoa powder for hot chocolate