I went out to find a Christmas tree this morning! It was the perfect way to start a beautiful, festive weekend. However, as soon as I got down the street I instantly started to feel the stress in the air. There wasn’t anywhere to park and everything was moving slowwwww. I quickly realized, “oh right- it’s the holidays!”.
Every year there’s this seemingly endless, and sometimes exhausting search to find the right gift. It includes crowds of people, stressful parking lots, tension in the air….
So why not skip all that, stay in over the weekend, grab a friend or family member and make something delicious together?
Your friends and family will thank you for such a meaningful gift. One that was made with love and couldn’t be bought on a shelf or shipped to your door with 1-click to order.
Recently I asked my sister in law and niece what type of DIY gift they’d make for a friend if they could do anything. They mentioned peppermint bark! Who doesn’t love that? I wanted to take this classic and give it a new spin. Decided to make dark chocolate bars covered with all sorts of festive toppings that reflected the vibrance of the season. They turned out so pretty!
In just 4 easy steps, you too can make these for everyone on your list! Just pick a topping that makes you think of them. That way each set of chocolate bars are special and thought out for that incredible person in your life.
Step 1: Melt the chocolate
Step 2: Pour the chocolate into a parchment – lined pan
Step 3: Top with your favorite things!
Step 4: Cool till firm
Hope you enjoy this super fun idea – if you have a chance to make these, make sure to tag me and share with the hashtag #ckweekends. I’d love to see what you create!
4 Step DIY Giftable Chocolate Bars
- Dark chocolate bars
- *Check ingredient listing on packaging to ensure it includes cocoa butter - allows for smooth melting
- Topping ideas:
- Pumpkin seeds + large flake sea salt
- Matcha tea powder + sugar
- Pistachios ground + dried blackberry powder
- Dried fruit tea
- Line a shallow baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Over double boiler melt chocolate bars, stirring constantly.
- Pour melted chocolate into baking sheet.
- Immediately sprinkle on toppings.
- Let cool and firm at room temperature or in fridge.
- Break or cut cooled chocolate pieces and package as you wish!