In my opinion, summer is all about grilling – something quick, easy and packed with flavor for those evenings with friends out back, escapes to cool water, weekends at the beach house and more. This recipe is everything you need and more for your weekend getaway – why? Well because it’s a 2 in 1 combo recipe!
After looking through everyone’s ideas last week during our community chats, I literally could not decide what to make. There were so many amazing ideas and they all started sparking concepts. So I thought – well, it’s summer. Everyone’s crazy busy, on vacation, gearing up for school soon – the list goes on. What’s needed right now is something, light, super delicious and seasonal and most of all – easy.
What I love about this combo recipe is that you can make one or the other or BOTH! Makes the perfect spread for last minute guests. I typically love making my own pizza dough, but for the sake of ease, picked up Naan for this recipe and it was the perfect choice. All you have to do is top and grill – just until the cheese melts. The most time consuming part of this recipe is grilling peaches and that only takes 3-6 minutes.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and have some fun summer adventuring in front of you! Make sure to share your cooking with #ckweekends. And thanks to ALL of you who contributed to this week’s recipe!! Seriously, what an incredible community effort!
Grilled Peaches 2 Ways: Salad + Pizza
- Serves: 2 9 inch flatbreads or salad for 2
- 1 package naan flatbread
- ½ cup 1 handful arugula
- 5 tablespoons balsamic honey glaze 1 ½ T. per Naan base, 1 T. per for drizzle at finish
- 2 cups 4 handfuls mixed greens or arugula 2-3 ounces vinaigrette
-Per Salad or Pizza-
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- 1 peach halved, pit removed (sliced after grilling)
- 1 small shallot thinly sliced
- 3-4 tablespoons pine nuts
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Balsamic Honey Glaze for grilling peaches + pizzaMakes about 4 ounces (½ cup)
- 50 g ¼ cup avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons honey warmed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic
- Vinaigrette for saladMakes about 2-3 ounces
- ½ small shallot minced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoons cherry balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare vinaigrette:In a small bowl, toss the shallot with the vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Let stand for 15 minutes, then whisk in the oil.
Prepare balsamic honey glaze:
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients. stir.
Prepare grilled peaches:
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat. Lightly oil or grease your rack to prevent sticking
- Lightly brush the peach halves with the glaze and place on the hot grill grates. Nudge them after about 1 minute to be sure they don't stick to the grill
- Flip after about 3 minutes or when you see them becoming caramelized and grill marks are forming.
- Grill for another 3 minutes then transfer to a plate
Prepare grilled pizza:
- Brush bottom of naans with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Brush top of naans with balsamic honey glaze
- Top pizza with all toppings.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Place the naan on the grill grates for about 2 minutes or until grill marks form.
- To prevent burning, lift off grill, place tin foil on rack, and place pizza back onto the foil. If the center of your grill is hot, move pizza’s to the edge. Goal is to warm and melt cheese, that’s it!
- Remove and drizzle with balsamic honey glaze. Enjoy!
- In a medium bowl, toss all ingredients. Add vinaigrette to your liking. Serve immediately.