Super Bowl is coming up this weekend! If you’re looking for what to make on game day, look no further.
These game day chicken wings are easy and something everyone will love. The key here is the marinade. It’s savory, flavorful and has just a touch of sweetness. In addition, these are great because they are not fried, rather sauteed (just 5 minutes over heat) and then baked. Easy and healthy.
If you’re looking to impress, the optional garnish options of chives, honey, sesame seeds and lime make this a show stopping dish.
They’ll take your average plated wings to the next level. I also love how easy this recipe is. The key here is the marinade. If you’re short on time, all you need is 5-10 minutes to blend up the marinade + an hour to season and then sauté’ and bake.
If you have time though, plan to prep in advance. The flavor will be much more accentuated if you can prepare the marinade and season the chicken the night before. Also – it saves the stress day of. Why not finish off your Saturday night with a few minutes in the kitchen and a glass of wine? Sunday will be a breeze.
These chicken wings are great served with various sides of your choice, including my newly released guacamole recipe. See my Instagram for the recipe coming Friday!
- 1 ½ pounds (8) chicken wings
- 55 grams (¼ cup ) organic coconut aminos
- 114 grams (½ cup) natural rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili onion crunch
- 8 grams (3 cloves) garlic
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Olive oil (for frying)
- Chives, chopped
- Sesame seeds
- Honey, warmed
- Lime, quartered
- Prepare marinade by adding coconut aminos, vinegar, sesame oil, chili onion crunch, garlic, maple syrup, and salt blender. Puree until smooth.
- Rinse chicken wings. Add to medium bowl.
- Pour marinade over chicken. Cover and place in fridge for at least one hour and up to 1 day.
- Warm large cast iron skillet (or similar type saucepan that is able to transfer to oven) over medium heat on stove. Coat pan generously with olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using tongs, lift wings out of marinade one by one, and place in pan. Make sure your heat is at a temperature that will brown the wings well, likely over medium to medium high depending on the pan you’re using. Watch closely to prevent burning. Adjust heat accordingly. Look for a golden, crispy skin to be achieved here. It should take about 4-5 minutes.
- Pull pan from heat. Brush with honey. Place in oven and bake at 375 degrees until cooked through, about 10 to 12 minutes, turning wings halfway through cooking.
- Remove. Brush wings with warmed honey and sprinkle with seeds and chopped chives. Serve with lime wedges.
- Store any leftovers in airtight container for up to 2 days.