Spring is upon us & Easter is quickly approaching
…. and you know I love finding reasons to have friends over : ) .
With life filling up more and more by each passing day, this year I decided to take a different approach to tradition. I needed something fresh, new, exciting and…. easy.
Parties don’t have to be stressful. I want to open up my doors and welcome in some of my favorite people in life. I want our time together to be relaxing, refreshing, and full of beautiful moments. I also want everything I create and welcome my friends into to inspire an “Oh, I can do that!” feeling rather than intimidation and “wow I could never pull something like this off”.
I’m here to introduce “the new Easter”.
If hosting an entire dinner and 5 course meal stresses you out, don’t just “not plan a party” – plan it, and make it work for you. With 1 hour of prep time, you can pull together a fresh, vibrant buffet and invite your closest friends for a drop in.
On the menu
Roasted Eggplant Spring Salad with Creamy Dijon Vinaigrette [recipe below!]
Crudité Platter: Creamy Sumac Greek Yogurt, radishes, pickled onions, peas, pickled carrots
Various types of cheese
Crackers (GF for allergies)
Make sure to head to the C&B blog for the DIY layout and some of my favorite product from their new Spring line. I hope you feel inspired to host an easy, stress free party this Spring!
[Post is sponsored and all opinions are my own]
Roasted Eggplant Spring Salad with Creamy Dijon Vinaigrette
Yield 6 servings
This Spring salad is a complete show stopper. It’s the perfect salad to serve for guests. The roasted eggplant provides a warm, creamy texture pairing with the fresh greens and crispy radishes. The vinaigrette is surprisingly creamy and slightly sweet. All the elements here really make this salad something else.
Creamy Dijon Vinaigrette
Makes 20 oz.
- 8 oz. (1 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 6 oz. (3/4 cup) sherry vinaigrette
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup creme fraiche
- ¼ cup whole grain dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 4 handfuls mixed salad greens of your choice
- 1 medium eggplant, roasted
- 1 medium english cucumber, sliced
- 1 small handful fresh mint sprigs
- 1 small handful microgreens
- 3 small watermelon radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ fennel bulb, thinly sliced
To Taste & Finish:
- Fennel fronds
- Pickled vegetables
- Black sesame seeds
- Sea salt
- In a separate bowl, add ingredients. Stir. Keeps for up to 5 days in fridge
Prepare roasted eggplant
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Halve eggplant lengthwise and place inside up on a baking sheet
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with sea salt
- Place in oven and roast 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned
- Remove and cool to room temperature
- Slice in wedges
To arrange, place salad greens in large bowl. Layer in eggplant and cucumber. Gently lay microgreens in center area. Add radishes and fennel. Spread the top with sliced cucumber and a small handful of fresh mint springs. Then add wedges of the cooled eggplant. Lastly, garnish with pickled vegetables and fennel fronds. Sprinkle the top with black sesame seeds and drizzle with dressing to taste. Store extra dressing in fridge for later use. Enjoy & savor the beauty of this vibrant, spring salad.