So do you ever get “lost” on the internet or social media when jumping on for one quick thing? I often lose time ever so quickly, getting inspired by my friend’s work around the globe or in discovering new creatives. I often catch myself after minutes have quickly passed by and try and pull back to my to do list, but then I have to remind myself, creativity inspires creativity, right?
I’m constantly amazed by my fellow creatives in the industry and what everyone’s curating. Creativity is endless and I’m well reminded of this when I wander Pinterest for instance, clicking from photo to photo, making new discoveries along the way whilst being reminded that some of my dear friends in the industry are reaching new heights as each day passes.
This week I thought I’d share some of my recent images that have sparked inspiration and a quick reference as to why. Make sure to check these links out and if you like, leave a note below in the comments as to which was your favorite and any thoughts you have!
- Sharyn Cairns – her food photography is absolutely incredible
- I’ve been seeing so many incredible images lately featuring intricate pie crusts – feeling so inspired to get my pie game on! Check out this one and this one.
- I can’t wait to head to Croatia this fall! Isn’t this image collection gorgeous?!
- Just when I thought a Pavlova couldn’t get any more gorgeous… for some reason it’s taken me this long to discover Katie’s work other than a quick passing by her book in a shop recently. She’s so incredibly talented!
- I spent quite some time gazing at this image this week – feeling so inspired to get out more and capture outrageous moments.
- I love images that have layers upon layers of interest. This image does just that – loved capturing it in Seattle last weekend – it was what I call a 1 shot wonder ( I intended to go back and shoot a few to ensure I had a solid image but ran out of time! I guess it all worked out after all!)
- Ok, this image… so now I cannot wait to get out and shoot a picnic scene. So inspiring!! Also, this image– I want to be there x million.
I’ve been eager to share this recipe with you for Kabocha Squash & Fried Egg Breakfast Sandwiches! I considered making the title long and enticing, for instance, adding in the caramelized onions and goat cheese, but ended on the simpler version! This sandwich is definitely filling, so it’s perfect for brunch on the weekends or a holiday. I love the creaminess of the squash, paired with the crispy onions and goat cheese alongside a traditional english muffin and a classic fried egg.
Big thanks to Nikole for modeling for me at this shoot during our 1 on 1 food styling and photography session! We were able to get some fun shots that day!
Kabocha Squash & Fried Egg Breakfast Sandwich
Get These Posts in Your Inbox