1. Preheat oven to 325°. Spray two baking sheets with nonstick spray or line with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk flours, baking soda, and salt.
3. Using a mixer on medium speed, mix together melted butter (ensure butter is not hot, only just barely warm) and sugar, beating for at least 30 seconds. Add egg, maple syrup, bourbon, and vanilla. Beat on medium high, occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl until combined.
4. Reduce mixer speed to low; slowly add dry ingredients, mixing just until combined.
5. Using a spatula, fold in chocolate and chopped nuts.
6. Spoon rounded tablespoonfuls of cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets, spacing about 3-inches apart.
7. With a fork or bottom of cup, carefully flatten cookies until about 2-inches in diameter.
8. Bake cookies until just golden brown around the edges, 10-12 minutes. Let cool slightly on baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks; let cool completely.