Quinoa, Roasted Chickpea & Sorrel Salad with Creamy Herb Dressing
This salad is picnic ready! It’s hearty and filling with the quinoa, chickpeas and avocado, and boasts a refreshing finish thanks to the creamy herb dressing. All the flavors pair perfectly, allowing the bright dill in the herb dressing to really shine.
- 1 ⅓ cup red quinoa
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- Sorrel two small handfuls (or sub spinach)
- ½ cup microgreens
- Pickled onions
- 1 whole avocado sliced
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro
- 2-4 tablespoons feta cheese
- Sumac spice to taste
Creamy Herb Dressing
- Makes ¾ cup or 6 oz.
- ¼ cup Maple Hill organic whole milk
- 3 T. Maple Hill organic blended plain yogurt
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- ½ cup packed fresh dill leaves
- 1 garlic clove roasted
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spread rinsed and drained chickpeas on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Roast for 18-20 minutes until lightly browned.
Layer each ingredient in jar in the order listed above.
Some measurements are provided, and some are by preference. Get creative, pack up and head out!
In a blender or food processor, pulse the Maple Hill organic whole milk, yogurt, roasted garlic, and vinegar until smooth.
With motor running, gradually drizzle in oil and puree just until emulsified.
Add fresh chives and fresh dill and pulse again, just until herbs are slightly chopped.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy. Store leftovers in airtight container for up to 7 days.