I developed this honey lemon cake recipe several weeks back in the middle of winter – it accomplished all I meant it to, to be the cake that warmed my heart and provided me a reason to slow down for a cup of tea. Its moist and delicious, and has the wonderful addition of hazelnut flour (one of my favorites!). I strongly recommend making this as soon as possible and settling in to enjoy the last bit of winter that we have.
In other news, I’ve had a pretty exciting (and full!) last week! Here’s some fun things to note:
- I had this insanely delicious breakfast with Tiffany and Christy.
- I ate this salad that Mona prepared, and it pretty much changed my life!
- I co hosted this brunch with Sarah and it was so much fun!
- I ate breakfast here with friends and it was sooooo good.
- Then I had this cauliflower soup and…
- I woke up here.
- I went to Seattle and took all sorts of adventures with Sarah and Samantha on the book tour + met up with Ashley (did you follow along on IG stories?!)
- I released this stunner collection of my favorite shots from Oslo Norway.
- I played with citrus in the kitchen.
- I’m still dreaming about this apple pie (check out the recipe!)
- I can’t remember the last time I was so excited about a recipe like this (recipe coming SOON!)
Honey Lemon Cake
- 3/4 cup (175g) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup honey, warmed so it whips well
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (approx. zest of 1 large)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup (130g) hazelnut flour
- 1 1/2 cups (195g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- whipped cream & berries ( optional)